Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tom Cruise Biography & Filmography | Bio | Profile | Facts ...

Tom Cruise Biography & Filmography | Bio | Profile | Facts ...










Personal Quotes
The thing about filmmaking is I give it everything, that's why I work so hard. I always tell young actors to take charge. It's not that hard. Sign your own checks, be responsible.
[to Jay Leno regarding his topless Vanity Fair cover shoot] I don't drink but I had a beer that night and they only did one setup like that. I'm a cheap date. What can I say?
[about Eyes Wide Shut (1999)] We knew from the beginning the level of commitment needed. We felt honored to work with Stanley Kubrick. We were going to do what it took to do this picture, whatever time, because I felt - and Nic [Nicole Kidman] did, too - that this was going to be a really special time for us. We knew it would be difficult. But I would have absolutely kicked myself if I hadn't done this.
I have cooked turkeys in my day but when Mom's around I let her do it.
I was 18 when I saw Akira Kurosawa's Shichinin no samurai (1954). After about 30 seconds, I realized that this was not just a cultural thing, it was universal. Years later, I read Bushido. It talked about many things that I strive for in my own life: loyalty, compassion, responsibility, the idea of looking back on your life and taking responsibility for everything you've ever done. I'm fascinated by the samurai and the samurai code - it's one of the main reasons I wanted to make The Last Samurai (2003).
Awards are wonderful. I've been nominated many times and I've won many awards. But my journey is not towards that. If it happens it will be a blast. If it doesn't, it's still been a blast.
I believe in life. I know that life comes in at your heart and it doesn't matter if you're an actor, a filmmaker or a gentleman on the street, it comes at you. What Scientology gives me is the tools to deal with that, to better enjoy my life and to be able to contribute more.
[on his role as the hit man in Collateral (2004)] I've never played a character like this before. Vincent interested me because he is such an anti-social personality, bringing destruction and chaos with him wherever he goes. He's a force of nature.
I remember getting through high school and thinking, "Boy, I'm glad I got that behind me!" Then, when I was 19, I got Risky Business (1983), and I realized, "Ah, so this is life - it's a little bigger than I thought!"
As a young actor, people were trying to define who I was before I really knew that for myself. But I still remember thinking, "This is what I love doing, and I hope I'm going to be able to do it forever."
I've had a very interesting life. There are ways of handling the complexities. I'm willing to take on responsibilities as a father, as a producer, as an actor - and I enjoy that. I've always been changing and evolving and growing. There's no pinnacle of power where you can sit back and rest.
Because I grew up in so many different places, I was used to rumors [about me]. You know, I didn't have the right shoes, I didn't have the right clothes. I even had the wrong accent.
Nic [Nicole Kidman] and I don't talk publicly about custody but, definitely, both of us share the kids back and forth. They're amazing kids.
I would live with all of my sisters if I could. We've always been very close, my sisters and me.
The important thing with a child is that you love them, you protect them and you help them to grow and find out who they are. And as a parent, it's my responsibility to help them to become independent and get all the knowledge and a broad view of the world and life. I know that Nic [Nicole Kidman] absolutely agrees with that. And that's what's important: being there.
I'd like to be with a woman who goes [he switches into a woman's voice], "I've reviewed your schedule, and I'm going to set up this motorcycle trip for you, because you've been working really hard. And I'm going to go with you. We're going to go riding together. And I've already been working on it for a couple days so it can be special."
I don't really keep counsel with others. I'm the kind of person who will think about something, and if I know it's right I'm not going to ask anybody. I don't go, "Boy, what do you think about this?" I've made every decision for myself - in my career, in my life.
SAT (exam) scores have gone right down the toilet. The parents are blaming the teachers, the teachers are blaming the parents and the psychs are putting everyone on drugs.
[on the relationship with Katie Holmes, about other people thinking it's a publicity stunt] It's amusing at first. It's funny. But then you sit back and realize how sad it is that there are people who can't even imagine feeling like this. But my friends are happy for me. The people who know me are happy. My mom is happy. My family is happy.
I've never agreed with psychiatry, ever. Before I was a Scientologist, I never agreed with psychiatry. Here's the problem. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do.
I'm passionate about learning. I'm passionate about life.
[on the invasion of Iraq] Personally, I don't have all the information President [George W. Bush] has. But I believe [Saddam Hussein] has committed many crimes against humanity and his own people.
Every single time I start to do a picture, without fail, I feel as if I don't know what I'm doing.
(On his father) He was a bully and a coward. He was the kind of person where, if something goes wrong, they kick you. It was a great lesson in my life - how he'd lull you in, make you feel safe and then, bang! For me, it was like, 'There's something wrong with this guy. Don't trust him. Be careful around him.' There's that anxiety.
[On Born on the Fourth of July (1989)] When I made that film people said, 'This is going to ruin your career. Why are you doing this after you did Top Gun. Why not just do Top Gun 2?'. I wanted to challenge myself.
Salary
War of the Worlds (2005)
(20% profit participation)
The Last Samurai (2003)
$25,000,000 + % of profits
Minority Report (2002)
$25,000,000+
Vanilla Sky (2001)
$20,000,000 + 30% of Profits
Mission: Impossible II (2000)
$75,000,000 (gross participation)
Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
$20,000,000
Jerry Maguire (1996)
$20,000,000 against 15%
Mission: Impossible (1996)
$70,000,000 (gross participation)
Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)
$15,000,000
A Few Good Men (1992)
$12,500,000
Far and Away (1992)
$13,000,000
Days of Thunder (1990)
$7,000,000
Rain Man (1988)
$3,000,000+% of gross
Cocktail (1988)
$3,000,000
Top Gun (1986)
$2,000,000
Legend (1985)
$500,000
Risky Business (1983)
$75,000
Taps (1981)
$50,000
Where Are They Now
(January 2003) In New Zealand filming The Last Samurai (2003).
(December 2004) Filming Paramount's War of the Worlds (2005), due out Summer 2005.
(August 2005) Filming Mission: Impossible III (2006) in Los Angeles, USA.
(November 2005) Filming Mission: Impossible III (2006) in Shanghai, China.
(January 2008) Release of the book, "Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography" by Andrew Morton.
(April 2006) Attended the Mission: Impossible III premiere in Paris, France.
(June 2006) Attended the Mission: Impossible III Tokyo premiere in Japan.
(October 2007) Attended the 2nd Rome Film Festival in Italy.
(February 2009) Attended the premiere of Valkyrie in Mexico City, Mexico on Feb. 5th.
(January 2009) Attended the international premieres for Valkyrie in Rome, Italy (Jan. 28th); Madrid, Spain (Jan. 27th); Moscow, Russia (Jan. 26th); Amsterdam, Netherlands (Jan. 22nd); London, England (Jan. 21st); Berlin, Germany (Jan. 20th), and Seoul, South Korea (Jan. 18th).






Tom Cruise Biography & Filmography Bio Profile Facts ...
Tom Cruise Biography, Filmography, Bio, Profile, Facts, Interviews and lots more news and updates ... Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz to film movie in Bridgewater ...www.thetomcruise.com
Tom Cruise - Bio, Pics, and News E! Online
Tom Cruise - Biography, pictures, and the latest articles now at Eonline.com ... Tom Cruise is back in Melbourne after another recent trip to LA for the IMAGEN ...eonline.com/celebrities/profile/?uuid=dfaf3f54-30d5-40a0-... -
Tom Cruise Net• returning this summertom-cruise.net -
Tom Cruise
American actor and producer Tom Cruise has come a long way from his 1983 iconic ... Average earnings per film is $60 million dollarsVariety: Tom Cruise Profile ...www.mahalo.com/Tom_Cruise -
Blog Posts Tagged: tom cruise - New York Magazine
New York Magazine's daily coverage of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, ... Filed Under: casting, farrelly brothers, movies, sean penn, three stooges, tom cruise ...nymag.com/tags/Tom Cruise -
Tom Cruise - Gawker
... It, No More' Scientology Evangelism Vengeful Gossip Bashes 'Tom Cruise's Nazi ... Jimmy Kimmel And Tom Cruise Have Zero Chemistry. ...gawker.com/tag/tom-cruise/?refId=50 -
Tom Cruise - Gawker
'President Tom Cruise' Is Best Horror Concept Yet Octo-Mom's Kids Already Forming ... Tom Cruise's Homoerotic Jimmy Kimmel Murder Ad ...gawker.com/tag/tom cruise/?refId=19 -
Impressions of Tom Cruise's Lifework
Tom Cruise's movies: pictures sounds videoclips ComputerArt ... REMEMBER http://sara-evans-biography.blogspot.com/. You need: FLASH 6 plugin (or higher) -Enable: ...www.tomcruise-movies.com -
JoBlo's movie review of The Last Samurai: Tom Cruise, Ken ...
... the film The Last Samurai starring Tom Cruise, Ken Wanatabe, Tony Goldwyn. Directed by Edward ... Tom Cruise leads the pack, once again, with yet another ...www.joblo.com/reviews.php?mode=joblo_movies&id=248 -
Tom Cruise - AskMen.com
Tom Cruise Men Celebrities Profile _ Biography, Latest Photos, Pics, News, ... Yet when Tom Cruise makes a public appearance, the throngs of women that appear ...www.askmen.com/celebs/men/mar00/17_tom_cruise.html